I have a Craftsman 12" Drill Press model 34985. I needed part # S34985-46, "Feed Return Spring and Seat Assembly".

Was told by your agent that this item is not longer available but there is a replacement part number, 0VJK My order # C001226. Item was NOT compatible. Second contact with a Sears agent found another part number and was able to show me a photo. I confirmed that the photo is the correct item.

Part number S34984-47. My order # E514515. Item was NOT compatible and did not resemble the photo. I again contacted Sears.

The agent confirmed that the item i need is no longer available. I contacted Craftsman company and received confirmation that the item is no long available.

Now I have broken drill press in my shop that is worth less to me than a boat anchor, and I live no where near the water. I expect full refund to be applied to my AMEX card which I used to purchase unusable product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Parts Direct Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 01, 2017.

Comments

I am the author of this review and, now that I have cooled off a bit, I would like to add these comments.

The agents that I dealt with were genuinely helpful and seemed to regret that I was not able to obtain the item that I need.

I really do not care about receiving a refund. Please consider donating it to a worthy charity, such as a home for bewildered and frustrated consumers.

I have a vital, six-year old, worthless, unrepairable tool sitting in my shop because an inexpensive replacement part is no longer available. I will now search for a replacement drill press, not from Sears or Craftsman.